Wheeler Centre Hot Desk Fellowships 2016
- Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards 2017
- So You Think You Can Pod
- Wheeler Centre Hot Desk Fellowships 2016
- Wheeler Centre Hot Desk Fellowships 2015
- Wheeler Centre Hot Desk Fellowships 2014
- Wheeler Centre Hot Desk Fellowships 2013
- Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards 2016
- Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards 2015
- Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards 2014
- Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards 2012
- Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards 2011
- The Long View
- The MGallery Literary Collection
- Faith and Culture: The Politics of Belief
- Weather Stations
- Criticism Now
- Texts in the City goes digital
- Zoo Fellowships 2012
- Deakin Lectures 2010
- City of Literature calendar
The Wheeler Centre’s Hot Desk Fellowships are back for 2016, once again made possible by the generous support of the Readings Foundation. 20 writers will be offered fellowships throughout the year – and, for the first time, we're able to offer two Hot Desk Fellowships for illustrators developing work with a literary focus (from a graphic novel, to a zine or an illustrated book cover), supported by the generosity of private donors.
The fellowships, which offer a $1000 stipend and workspace in the Wheeler Centre over a ten-week period, have been created simply to give you the space to write and create. Hot Desk fellows will also have the opportunity to meet, network and work with the Wheeler Centre’s resident organisations.
In addition, Hot Desk Fellowships introduce you and your work to the public – we'll feature all our writers, illustrators and their projects on our website, as well as in a special Hot Desk Edition of The Next Big Thing series. In 2015, some of our Hot Desk fellows were approached by publishers and agents interested in their work, with several alumni having been published since their involvement in the program.
Applications for 2016 Hot Desk Fellowships have now closed – and the fellows have been announced!
2016 Hot Desk Fellows
The writers and illustrators who’ll be participating in this year’s fellowship are: Didem Caia, Bec Fary, Kerrin O'Sullivan, Melody Paloma, Angelina Mirabito, Chris Somerville, Christine Sun, Paul Dalla Rosa, Jessica Knight, Miki Perkins, Nadia Niaz, Laura Stortenbeker, Stephanie Van Schilt, Inga Hanover (Illustration Hot Desk), Hiroki Kobayashi, Vidya Rajan, Lou Smith, Fiona Spitzkowsky, Yvette Walker (2015 intake), Veronica Sullivan, Fury, Lilit Thwaites, Eloise Grills (Illustration Hot Desk).
Find out more about the first round of writers and illustrators and their projects.