Stories have the ability to inspire change, create understanding and enrich our lives. By donating to the Wheeler Centre you enable us to share the stories and conversations that matter.
As Melbourne’s home for books, writing and ideas, we’re proud to bring you the brightest minds from across Australia and the world. By supporting emerging and established writers, the Wheeler Centre is committed to celebrating the transformative power of storytelling.
Since 2010, the Wheeler Centre has welcomed half a million audience members to more than 2,500 events, and we’re still counting! This year, we want to make our events more accessible to more people than ever before.
You can play a critical role in supporting this vision. By donating to the Wheeler Centre, you will provide us with the crucial resources to enable this work.
Your donation will directly invest in our goal by allowing us to:
- Continue to present a range of free-of-charge and low-cost events for all to enjoy, no matter their circumstances.
- Allot additional resources to convert more live events into high-quality videos and podcasts that can be accessed by local and international audience members.
- Celebrate diversity by continuing to champion people, organisations, and stories of underrepresented communities.
- Create further paid opportunities for young people (aged 18-25) to speak at events and curate programmes.
- Ensure events are more accessible to people living with a disability by devoting more time and funds towards offering closed captioning, engaging with Auslan interpreters, and hiring accessible venues.
- Connect with more regional audience members through dedicated programming across Victoria.
Help include everyone in the conversation.
To complete your donation via direct deposit or cheque, download and print our donation form. To donate online, simply click the button below.
All donations over two dollars are fully tax deductible. By giving a gift of $500 or more you will enter our Annual Giving Programme and join a vibrant community of like-minded people with a passion for books, writing and ideas.
Of course, a donation of any size makes an impact and we thank you for your support.
For any questions or to discuss other ways you can support the future of the Wheeler Centre, please contact our Development Team at email@example.com.
The Wheeler Centre holds both DGR (Deductible Gift Recipient) and TCC (Tax Concession Charity) status and is listed on the Register of Cultural Organisations (ROCO).