If you are as proud as we are of this community built around a passion for books, writing and ideas, we’d love you to consider making a donation.
During these extraordinary times, we at the Wheeler Centre are thinking of our community and we share your concerns about the rapidly changing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
The health and safety of our speakers, audiences and staff remain our priority and we've sadly cancelled all our public events up until Thursday 7 May.
Our team is working to make many of the cancelled events into live-streams, videos and podcasts, though, so people can still enjoy good conversation and feel connected – and so that writers still have work and income during this difficult time.
We need your help to do it.
- $250 will help us film one of our cancelled events and publish the video free;
- $500 will help us turn a cancelled event into a podcast;
- $1000 will enable us to produce transcriptions of our videos and podcasts to make them accessible to all;
- $2000 will allow our digital team to produce and commision original written or audio content in lieu of cancelled events; and
- $5000 will make you a Conversation Starter and will support our diverse, year-long programme of events; 70% of which are free to the public.
Of course, anything more you can contribute would be hugely appreciated.
Whether you can give a little or a lot, any donation to the Wheeler Centre over $2 is tax deductible.
Every writer, thinker and speaker thanks you for your support, and so do we.
How to donate: You can contribute online – or get in touch with our development team directly.