If you are as proud as we are of this community built around a passion for books, writing and ideas, we’d love you to consider making a donation.
Anyone want to give ‘dactylonomy’ a home? You can adopt a word for $100, or become a Conversation Starter with an annual donation of $5,000 – both of which support our ongoing commitment to Australian writers, and to free and accessible programming.
But don’t let us be doctrinaire: between a word and a conversation, there are multitudes of activities and ways that your support can help us continue to be the home of smart, passionate, entertaining talk.
- For $100, you could Adopt a Word. Perhaps you'd like to give 'vespiary' (n. 'a colony or nest of wasps') a home?
$250 goes towards publishing events you missed (or want to share more widely!) online as free videos or podcasts;
- $500 covers the average we pay our speakers for a one-hour event;
- $1000 establishes you as an Enquiring Minds donor, and contributes to producing transcriptions of your favourite Wheeler Centre talks, making them accessible to all;
- $2500 enables us to organise for a writer to hit the road and reach audiences beyond suburban Melbourne, thanks to your Bright Spark donation;
- Giving $5000 to the Wheeler Centre as a Conversation Starter will support our diverse, year-long programme of events – 70% of which are free to the public. Of course, anything more you can contribute would be beyond appreciated.
Whether you can give a little or a lot, any donation to the Wheeler Centre over $2 is tax deductible. Every writer, thinker and speaker thanks you for your support, and so do we.
How to donate: You can contribute online – or get in touch with our development team directly.