Ticketing Terms and Conditions
By purchasing a ticket, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
COVID-19 Special Terms
As we return to hosting live events at the Wheeler Centre, the safety and wellbeing of our staff, guests and audiences is our priority. Please familiarise yourself with the guidelines below to keep everyone safe. The Centre’s policies and procedures are regularly reviewed and updated in accordance with government advice.
We greatly appreciate your support, and your patience and respect towards staff, guests and other audience members when visiting the Wheeler Centre. Thank you in advance for doing your part to keep our community safe.
For further information about current government guidelines, please visit the Victorian Government’s Coronavirus website.
While government guidelines no longer mandate for isolation if you test positive for COVID_19, please help us keep our staff and community safe and stay home if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, including a sore throat, dry cough or a fever.
If you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you do not attend the Wheeler Centre until you have received a negative test result.
If you are no longer attending a Wheeler Centre event for any of COVID-related reasons, we will happily refund the price of your ticket. Please contact our ticketing team during office hours on email@example.com or (03) 9094 7800 to arrange a full refund.
As of 11.59pm on Friday 22 April 2022, Victorian Government public health orders no longer require visitors to check in using the Services Victoria app when entering venues.
Under the updated Victorian government guidelines in effect from Friday 25 February 2022, masks are no longer required at many indoor settings. However, the Wheeler Centre recommends audience members wear masks where social distancing is not possible.
Staff at the Wheeler Centre will continue to wear masks when working with audience members.
Help us practice physical distancing whenever possible. When able to do so, please maintain a 1.5m distance from others.
Wheeler Centre ushers are available at all events to safely assist with any questions or access needs. Please respect the instructions of staff. Failure to comply with staff instructions may result in you being asked to leave the premises.
Where possible, please arrive with your full group in order to be seated together.
We have hand sanitiser readily available at Wheeler Centre events and have more frequent and enhanced cleaning of bathrooms and surfaces during and after events.
1. All ticket sales are final. Ticket refunds, cancellations and exchanges are only permitted in line with the Live Performance Australia Code of Practice or as required by law.
2. If the event is cancelled, rescheduled, or significantly relocated, you will be entitled to a refund.
3. Refunds are processed onto the credit card that was used for the original purchase. If the card is no longer valid, The Wheeler Centre will contact the ticket booker to obtain valid card information.
4. Tickets are only valid if purchased through the Wheeler Centre or an authorised agent.
5. Tickets may not be resold or offered for resale at a premium or be used for advertising, promotions, competitions, or other commercial purposes without the presenter’s prior written permission. The Wheeler Centre reserves the right to refuse admission to the holder of any ticket sold, provided or distributed in breach of this condition.
6. Tickets are issued by the Wheeler Centre in a digital format with its own unique identifier. You must ensure each individual attending has their own ticket unless otherwise stated by the Wheeler Centre.
7. The Wheeler Centre reserves the right to change the event pricing, location, date, time or format.
8. All reasonable efforts will be made to contact ticket holders by email if there is a significant change to an event.
9. Transaction fees may apply to your purchase, of which you will be notified at the time of booking.
10. GST will apply to all goods and services supplied by the Wheeler Centre, including purchases made outside of Australia. Prices advertised on the Wheeler Centre website include GST where applicable.
11. Latecomers may not be admitted once an event has commenced. Refunds or exchanges will not be provided for latecomers who are refused entry.
12. Where concessions are applicable, suitable and valid identification must be provided when requested by a staff member. Failure to do so may result in non-admittance.
13. Merchandise and other products will not be refunded or exchanged unless required by law.
14. For all free events, priority will be given to ticket holders who booked in advance over those who have not booked.
15. Unique links for online and digital events are not permitted to be shared or used for marketing or promotional purposes.
16. The viewing period for all online events is final and cannot be altered. Refunds will not be permitted for ticket holders who do not watch the event during the approved viewing period.
17. The Wheeler Centre is an affiliate of the Victorian Government’s Companion Card scheme. Anyone holding a valid Companion Card is entitled to one (1) complimentary ticket to all Wheeler Centre paid events when all other Companion Card requirements are fulfilled. This does not include the cost associated with merchandise or food and beverages.
18. Children under the age of 2 are not required to have a ticket unless otherwise specified, but must share a seat with their guardian.
19. Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
20. Entry to the Wheeler Centre’s Performance Space, and any external venues the Wheeler Centre uses, is at the ticket holder’s own risk. Any loss, damage, harm, or injury arising from entry to the Wheeler Centre venues will not be at the responsibility of the Wheeler Centre.
21. Recording devices, including cameras, audio, and video recorders, are not permitted at any Wheeler Centre event.
22. The Wheeler Centre reserves the right to update or alter these terms or conditions as required by State Government Health regulations.
Conditions of Entry
1. Visitors must adhere to all public health orders and Wheeler Centre policies when attending Wheeler Centre events and venues. Failure to comply will result in tickets being rendered void.
2. The Wheeler Centre reserves the right to refuse admission or evict visitors in accordance with the LPA Ticketing Code of Practice.
3. It is a condition of entry that a search of persons or possessions may be required at the time of entry to the Venue.
4. Visitors enter the venue at their own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Wheeler Centre is not responsible for any loss, damage, harm or injury arising from a customer’s entry to the venue or events within the venue.
5. The Wheeler Centre reserves the right to refuse entry for any of the following reasons:
- Where you cannot produce a valid ticket for the event.
- Where you cannot produce proof of concession entitlement where a concession ticket has been purchased.
- Where you behave in manner that compromises health, safety or welfare of Wheeler Centre staff or audiences with aggressive or abusive behaviour.
- Where you have in your possession and/or refuse to surrender to staff any prohibited object or article including but not limited to dangerous items, photographic or recording equipment or food or alcohol that is not permitted to be brought into or used in that Venue.
- Where you behave in a manner that causes or may cause property damage or that threatens or may threaten the safety of others, including because of intoxication.
- Where you behave in a manner that unreasonably interferes with other people’s enjoyment of the event, including the use of cameras, mobile phones, personal computers, paging devices or other electronic devices.
- Where you refuse to undergo a physical search or a search of your possessions.
- Where you are unwell or intoxicated.