Regarding the coronavirus (Covid-19)
We can’t wait to welcome you back to the Wheeler Centre as we open up for public events. We are strictly following the Victorian government's Covid-safe guidelines to keep our staff, speakers and audiences safe and help reduce the risk of transmission. Please note these conditions may change based on advice from the Victorian Chief Health Officer.
In addition to the return of live events, throughout the year, we'll continue to bring you live-streamed programmes from all over Australia and around the world along with the very best of digital publishing.
Subscribe to the Wheeler Centre's e-newsletter for updates. As official advice and public health best practice evolves, our response will too. We'll continue to post updates on Twitter and Facebook and on this page.
Friday 12 February, 2021
As we return to holding live events at the Wheeler Centre again, here are some measures we have in place – things that you can do – to keep our staff and audience safe.
- Book your tickets online. Covid-19 restrictions mean our venue capacity is unfortunately limited and you must have a pre-booked ticket to attend any of the Centre's live events.
- When you arrive at the Wheeler Centre please queue 1.5m apart down the access ramp and along Little Lonsdale Street. Please adhere to capacity limits for the foyer and performance space. Wheeler Centre ushers will be there to safely assist with any questions or any access needs.
- On arrival in the foyer, scan the QR code for contact tracing purposes. It helps to download the Service Victoria app for quicker check-in.
- Masks are mandatory inside at all times and outside when you can't maintain 1.5m distance from others (unless you have an exemption).
- The performance space is set up with chairs spaced for social distancing. Please do not move the chairs. If you have access needs or special requirements please let us know when booking so we can best assist you.
Other measures include enhanced cleaning in the Wheeler Centre spaces used by the public and hand sanitiser on offer.
Please stay home if you have a fever; have been to an exposure site or hotspot; or if you have mild symptoms (including sore throat or dry cough) and get tested. Also, please do not attend any Wheeler Centre event if you have been instructed to be in isolation.
If you are feeling unwell, please contact reception during office hours on firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 9094 7800 to allow others to attend in your place.
Help us practice physical distancing. Please maintain a 1.5m distance from others. Where possible, please arrive with your full group in order to be seated together.
We will have hand sanitiser readily available at Wheeler Centre events and have more frequent touchpoint cleaning of bathrooms and surfaces during and after events.
What if there is a case?
The Department of Health will make contact with us if a confirmed active case has visited a Wheeler Centre event. We will then provide the Department of Health with contact details for staff and audiences who were at the venue and you will be contacted by officials.