Hunter Room, Newcastle City Hall
Located in the heart of Newcastle’s Cultural Precinct, Newcastle City Hall can be found opposite Civic Park, next to Civic Theatre Newcastle, and adjoining the pedestrian mall known as Wheeler Place. The Hunter Room, on the upper level of Newcastle City Hall, features elegant high-arched windows that frame picture perfect views over Civic Park.
290 King St, Newcastle NSW 2300
Phone: (02) 4974 2166
Getting to Newcastle
By road: If approaching from the south, the F3 freeway from Sydney will have you arriving in Newcastle in just 2 hours.
By air: Newcastle Airport (Williamtown) is the major regional airport and is located 30 minutes from Newcastle city centre. Many direct flightsare available on a daily basis from Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
By bus: Newcastle Buses have bus stops on Hunter Street outside the theatre. A Fare Free Zone is available for buses operating in the inner city daily from 7.30am until 6.00pm.
There are a number of parking options surrounding Civic Theatre Newcastle. The most options include:
- Civic West Parking Station, located at Gibson Street and a 5 minute walk to the theatre. Open 24 hours 7 days a week (02 4926 4990)
- Wharf Road Car Park, located near the Crowne Plaza Hotel with Entry via Centenary or Wharf Roads (1800 727 5464)
- Wright Lane Car Park, located near Newcastle Museum and a 5 minute walk to the theatre. Open 24 hours 7 days a week, with free parking on weekends (1800 727 5464)
- Civic Car Park, located behind City Library with entry via Darby St and a 5 minute walk to the theatre. Open 24 hours 7 days a week
- On street parking & metered parking surrounding Newcastle City Hall includes King Street, Auckland Street and Hunter Street