Competition terms & conditions
Thanks for your interest in our 2017 competition for new and current Wheeler Weekly newsletter subscribers. If you have any queries about the terms and conditions, please contact email@example.com, or phone us on (03) 9094 7800.
About Ubud Writers and Readers Festival
Beneath swaying palms and starry night skies, join thousands of creative minds as they converge for the 14th Ubud Writers and Readers Festival to connect, learn and be inspired. Through the lens of this year’s theme, Origins, the Ubud Writers and Readers Festival will deliver an eclectic range of events, from intimate literary lunches to hands-on workshops, fiery conversations to powerful performances. After the Festival, Tim Flannery and Kate Holden will cast off for the Komodo Islands on a once-in-a-lifetime literary cruise, and you can join them. Early Birds for the UWRF17 cruise are on sale now.
The Wheeler Centre, trading as the Wheeler Centre for Books, Writing and Ideas. ABN 97 134 682 189, whose registered office is at 176 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne 3000, Australia.
How to enter
To enter the draw:
• If you're not a current subscriber to the Wheeler Weekly newsletter, sign up with your name and email address between Friday 21 July and 5pm Friday 18 August, at the Subscribe page of wheelercentre.com;
• If you're already a subscriber, forward at least one Wheeler Centre email newsletter (originally sent by us during the competition period) to a friend using the 'forward to a friend' feature provided within those emails, and you'll be entered into the draw.
Conditions of entry
Entry is free and open to anybody over the age of 18 (excluding Wheeler Centre employees and their families).
Start and Closing Date
Start date and time: 5.00pm, Friday 21 July 2017. Closing date and time: 5.00pm, Friday 18 August 2017.
Date: Monday 21 August 2017
Location: The Wheeler Centre, 176 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne 3000
Details and value of prizes
- Two return economy flights from a capital city in Australia to Denpasar Airport, Bali
- A double festival pass to Ubud Writers & Readers Festival, 25–29 October 2017
- Four nights accommodation for two people at the Honeymoon Guesthouse, Ubud, Bali
- Total prize value $5000
Notification of winners
The winners will be notified via email by 5pm Monday 21 August, 2017.
1. The promoter is: The Wheeler Centre, trading as the Wheeler Centre for Books, Writing and Ideas. ABN 97 134 682 189 whose registered office is at 176 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne 3000, Australia.
2. Employees of the Wheeler Centre or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://wheelercentre.com/subscribe
5. The closing date for entry is 5pm, Friday 18 August 2017. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. This competition is only open to Australian residents.
7. New subscribers or referrals are eligible.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows:
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen at random from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
14. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within four days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within seven days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Australian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Australian data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent. The winner’s name will be published at wheelercentre.com/subscribe seven days after the closing date.
Flights and accommodation
21. The complimentary flights to and from a capital city in Australia must be booked by 30 August 2017, and redeemed between 22 October 2017 and 30 October 2017.
22. The airline carrier will be selected at the discretion of the Wheeler Centre.
23. The winner must make their way to and from the nearest capital city within Australia to depart and return to the Gold Coast airport at their own expense.
24. The return flights to Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia are non-flexible and non-refundable flights nominated by the Wheeler Centre from a capital city in Australia.
25. No elements of the prize are refundable for cash.
These terms and conditions are consistent with the guidelines of the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation and the Gambling Regulation Act 2003 and the Gambling Regulations 2005.