Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards 2012
Welcome to the 2012 Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards. Now is your chance to explore the Premier’s 21 – click on one of the book titles or cover images below to learn more about the work and its author, and to read the judges' report.
Do you notice a title you’ve read (or a play you’ve seen)? Add your own review, or read those written by our literary bloggers and reviewers from across Victoria.
The annual Award for an Unpublished Manuscript was announced earlier in the year, during the Emerging Writers' Festival; you can read more about the winner and shortlisted entries here.
The biennial Award for Indigenous Writing was announced on Indigenous Literacy Day, Wednesday 5 September. You can read all about the winner and shortlisted entries here.
- People’s Choice Award National Interest, Aidan Fennessy
- Young Adult The Shadow Girl, John Larkin
- Drama A Golem Story, Lally Katz
- Poetry Armour, John Kinsella
- Non-Fiction The Biggest Estate on Earth, Bill Gammage
- Fiction Foal’s Bread, Gillian Mears
- Victorian Prize for Literature The Biggest Estate on Earth, Bill Gammage
Prize for Poetry
Prize for Fiction
- Foal’s Bread, Gillian Mears
- A History of Books, Gerald Murnane
- The Cook, Wayne Macauley
- Mateship with Birds, Carrie Tiffany
- All That I Am, Anna Funder
- Cold Light, Frank Moorhouse
Prize for Non-Fiction
- The Biggest Estate on Earth, Bill Gammage
- The Hall of Uselessness, Simon Leys
- Her Father’s Daughter, Alice Pung
- Adelaide, Kerryn Goldsworthy
- 1835: The Founding of Melbourne & The Conquest of Australia, James Boyce
- True North: The Story of Mary and Elizabeth Durack, Brenda Niall
Prize for Writing for Young Adults
Prize for Drama
The Victorian Premier’s Literary Awards shortlist