Plenary 3 at Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
1 Convention Place
Plenary is the centrepiece of Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre. Home to some of the world's most exciting speakers and performers such as Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Sir David Attenborough, Neil Young and St Petersburg Ballet.
1 Convention Place
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) is an accessible venue.
Some of MCEC’s accessibility features include:
- flat level entry to the Convention Centre, from the Exhibition Centre link and at the Convention Centre main entrance at Convention Centre Place
- designated drop off points
- accessibility ramps
- accessible car park spaces
- lift access from the car parks
- accessible toilets
- split-level counter service at Convention Centre customer desk, Ticket Box and Cafés
- lifts and escalators in the Convention Centre
- positions for wheelchairs on all levels of the Plenary
- braille signage on room door signs and fixed directional signs
- TTA Hearing Assisted accessible telephones with large operation buttons
- guide dogs and other registered assistance dogs are welcome in all areas
- Parent Rooms in the Exhibition Centre and Convention Centre
- First Aid rooms located close to Convention Centre and Exhibition Centre Customer Service desks
MCEC is located on the banks of the iconic Yarra River in South Wharf. Plenary is easily found within the Convention Centre, accessed via Convention Centre Place or a short walk down the Exhibition Centre Concourse from the Clarendon Street entrance.
Catch any of the following trams and exit at the stop opposite the Clarendon Street entrance of MCEC:
- Route 96 – St Kilda to East Brunswick
- Route 109 – Port Melbourne to Box Hill
- Route 12 – Victoria Gardens to St Kilda
Alternatively, catch tram number 48 or 70 and exit at the Flinders Street stop. Then take a short walk towards the Yarra River, across the Seafarers Bridge. For further tram timetable information and trip planning, visit the Victorian Public Transport website here.
Take any train that goes to Southern Cross Station. Exit at Southern Cross Station and catch tram number 96, 109 or 12 as above. For further train timetable information and trip planning, visit the Victorian Public Transport website here.
The SkyBus transports visitors directly from Melbourne Airport to Southern Cross train station.
Bus route 237 operates from Queen Victoria Market, via Southern Cross Station to Lorimer Street South Wharf from Monday to Friday. Lormier Street is approximately a five minute walk to MCEC. There is also a coach pick up/drop off point at Bay 1, Convention Centre Place (closest to DFO South Wharf).
For further bus timetable information and trip planning, visit the Victorian Public Transport website.
Construction of Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre’s (MCEC) new multi-purpose building is currently underway alongside Convention Centre Place, opposite South Wharf DFO and Hilton Melbourne South Wharf.
Please note that building entrances, pedestrian footpaths, vehicle access and bicycle routes may be altered during the construction period. MCEC encourages you to follow the directional signage in place to navigate around the construction zone. Visit this page for updates.